erasing CD-RW showing as Write Protected

PGTips550 13:04 23 Oct 08

I was looking for help in erasing 2 CD-RWs both made by (Spot On), 1 disk writen by XP SP3 the other by Vista. I have read the post(erasing DVD+RW). Using Nero 7 it tells me it is Write Protected?, CD Burner tells me it’s a CD-ROM, Imgburn and Vista could not erase it, explorer tells me there is no free space on a 650MB disk and total size is 3.85MB, I can explore the disk and read the file from the disks. anybody got any suggestions. I may not be able to respond to replies immediacy.

baldydave 13:27 23 Oct 08

Sorry for this but are they definitely CD-RW disc as it sounds like they are cd -r discs which have been finalised ie you cannot add to them or erase them.

PGTips550 14:27 23 Oct 08

Please read the question I am not an idiot I can read

PGTips550 18:56 24 Oct 08

refreash

woodchip 19:07 24 Oct 08

Will it not let you Erase in NERO? Just in the Menu at the Top of NERO. If not try click here

eedcam 22:36 24 Oct 08

Write protected is often the burner dont like the Brand either try another decent brand say Verbatim or even update the firmware

PGTips550 12:01 25 Oct 08

Thanks woodchip but £6 is not worth spending on 2 disks I may just scrap them and I have tryed the free version of CDBurnerXP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…