Equalisation for Mp3s,please.

Karma_Train 09:28 25 Feb 03

Hi, Just a quickie, I do quite a lot of work with Mp3s and although I have a number of small utilities for trimming, fading, tagging, normalising, converting etc I have yet to discover anything designed for tone shaping. I realise I could load the files into Acid or any similar dedicated music prog but don`t really want all the extra complications involved. Has anybody seen out there a small utility that will equalise and maybe remove hiss etc from Mp3 files? Something like a graphic equaliser from which you could save your alterations would be fine. Thanx,s.s.

AudioVic' 11:15 25 Feb 03

You can convert your mp3s to .wav files and mix permanently in wavelab.

This is the method I use. I usually do it the other way round though. I record my keyboard to pc as wav, then after equalising and mixing, I convert to mp3.

I hope this helps. You can find wavelab on the net. try a google search.

AudioVic' 11:16 25 Feb 03

You can convert your mp3s to .wav files and mix permanently in wavelab.

This is the method I use. I usually do it the other way round though. I record my keyboard to pc as wav, then after equalising and mixing, I convert to mp3.

I hope this helps. You can find wavelab on the net. try a google search.

Karma_Train 12:15 25 Feb 03

Thanx AudioVic' for your advice but this is what I was trying to avoid really. I use Acid and the other day got my hands on Sound Forge, I`m a bit of a Sonic Foundry nut and Sound Forge being prety similar to Wav Lab I believe. I know that I could achieve my goal using an editor such as these, via plug ins etc and I expect this is what I`ll have to do eventually. I`m at the bottom of a very steep learning curve at the mo, only had a PC for 6 months or so, I was rather hoping that somewhere out there I could find a dinky little prog that just tweaked the tone and nothing else as I said a saveable graphic equaliser or similar. At the moment I`m just trying to avoid making my head hurt any more than it does already.Thanks again. s.s.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…