Equalisation for Mp3s,please.

Karma_Train 09:28 25 Feb 03

Hi, Just a quickie, I do quite a lot of work with Mp3s and although I have a number of small utilities for trimming, fading, tagging, normalising, converting etc I have yet to discover anything designed for tone shaping. I realise I could load the files into Acid or any similar dedicated music prog but don`t really want all the extra complications involved. Has anybody seen out there a small utility that will equalise and maybe remove hiss etc from Mp3 files? Something like a graphic equaliser from which you could save your alterations would be fine. Thanx,s.s.

AudioVic' 11:15 25 Feb 03

You can convert your mp3s to .wav files and mix permanently in wavelab.

This is the method I use. I usually do it the other way round though. I record my keyboard to pc as wav, then after equalising and mixing, I convert to mp3.

I hope this helps. You can find wavelab on the net. try a google search.

AudioVic' 11:16 25 Feb 03

You can convert your mp3s to .wav files and mix permanently in wavelab.

This is the method I use. I usually do it the other way round though. I record my keyboard to pc as wav, then after equalising and mixing, I convert to mp3.

I hope this helps. You can find wavelab on the net. try a google search.

Karma_Train 12:15 25 Feb 03

Thanx AudioVic' for your advice but this is what I was trying to avoid really. I use Acid and the other day got my hands on Sound Forge, I`m a bit of a Sonic Foundry nut and Sound Forge being prety similar to Wav Lab I believe. I know that I could achieve my goal using an editor such as these, via plug ins etc and I expect this is what I`ll have to do eventually. I`m at the bottom of a very steep learning curve at the mo, only had a PC for 6 months or so, I was rather hoping that somewhere out there I could find a dinky little prog that just tweaked the tone and nothing else as I said a saveable graphic equaliser or similar. At the moment I`m just trying to avoid making my head hurt any more than it does already.Thanks again. s.s.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac