EpsonR300 new driver 5.5 -problems

jack 11:54 02 Jun 05

My system WinXP Pro

Following recent posts I have down loaded the revised R300 driver 5.5 and with it a load of problems seemingly.

1. On install. following exactly the unload existing driver routine including Inf file removal as advised. XP said this was not a certified driver - carry on ? yes/no
Said yes ['cos every one else said it was the canine gonads]
It simply did not run the machine.
Unloaded it.
Re set original and proceeded to get
Paper jam reports when there was no jam.
and empty cartrdge reports, when the SSc utility said all were OK, and carts were changed where appropriate.
I am now getting 'General fault' reports that ,so far will not clear.
Any ideas ?

jack 12:40 05 Jun 05

Re posting this in the hope some one is looking in with a link or two.

This topic has been well covered but the archive has not found anything of import .

So far as well as ' Mthical paper jams'
Iam also now getting - 'General' fault messages.

I have unloaded driver and general software and cleaned up and reloaded several times.

A Mail to Eson brough an immeiate responce from 'Zak' with several remedies from checking paper path to reseating the cartriges - all to no avail.
Any thoughts please any one?

Technotiger 12:47 05 Jun 05

Hi, have a look near the end of this Post. I am awaiting delivery of R300 - hope I have made a bad choice?

click here

Cheers.

Joe R 12:47 05 Jun 05

jack,

this may help you.

click here

Technotiger 12:48 05 Jun 05

Oooops - hope I have NOT made a bad choice.

ton 12:53 05 Jun 05

No problems with my R300 with latest (or previous) driver. An excellent printer.

Joe R 12:55 05 Jun 05

Technotiger,

I hope not too.

I'm hoping to get one shortly.

Technotiger 12:55 05 Jun 05

Hi, thank you for your re-assurance.

Cheers.

Technotiger 12:57 05 Jun 05

Hi, expecting mine during this week - will Post on here if any problems.

Cheers.

jack 14:15 05 Jun 05

Thank you all for the quick come back.
Joe R
I have saved and printed the 'AfterDawn' pages
to work through, to see what happens. I dont have SP2 on because of its inherant problems in other areas so that wont be an issue
TT
You will not regret your choice it is a super printer I guess it is the complexity of driver and allied software that can be a stumbling block.

Will keep this open for progress reports

Technotiger 14:21 05 Jun 05

Hi, I have xphome/sp2 - has not given me any problems so far with anything else, so I hope it will be ok with R300. Hope your 'you will not regret' is right.

Will report in due course.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…