EpsonNet config settings

stiefnu 15:26 PM 04 Feb 11

I'm having problems setting up my Mac (OSX 4.11) to print to an Epson Stylus Office B1100 printer, via an EpsonNet EU-67 10/11 Base Tx external print server. I have downloaded the correct Epson software for printer & server, and the printer works ok when directly connected to the Mac with USB cable. However, when connected via the server, although I am able to detect the printer with the Printer Utility (to StatusMonitor, Nozzle Check, etc.), it will not print documents. I have an idea I may need to change something in the EpsonNet but don't know what. The EpsonNet manual is in English, Jim, but not as we know it! I've tried the Epson help desk, both on-line and over the 'phone, without success.

howard64 12:36 PM 09 Feb 11

does the printer show up with a network address? if so try entering that address in your firewall as trusted.

stiefnu 13:25 PM 09 Feb 11

Thanks for the suggestion, Howard. Problem finally resolved by clearing out all Epson drivers and starting again -- which I'd done before but this time it worked -- how and why, I know not. 'puters, huh?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…