Epson935 or HP7550 - which would you choose & why?

JEFoord 17:39 20 Jul 03

Hi, I have been looking into getting a new printer to compliment my new digital camera and i have done a fair bit of research. I have got my short list down to Epson stylus photo 935 and HP 7550. I cant decide between the two. the epson is 5760 dpi and the hp is 4800dpi, the epson has 6 colours and HP 7 colours. Does this mean the Epson would give me better results because of a higher dpi or would HP because of the 7 colour inks? Which one of the two machines would you choose and why. I really would appreciate some advice.
Thanks, John.

keith-236785 18:20 20 Jul 03

one thing to consider is space, a HP printer takes paper from the front prints and delivers back to the front. an epsom (as far as i know) has the paper tray at the back/top, if you are short on space, go for the HP. only difference that would make me decide.

davidg_richmond 18:51 20 Jul 03

I have always gone for HP personally, and have found them to be very reliable and efficient with ink, but it comes at a price as the cartridges are more expensive due to the print heads being built into them as opposed to the printer itself.

I have compared the 925 and 7350 and found that the HP delivered better quality, you may find the 935 and 7550 similar in that respect.

HP's printer drivers also touched up the photos before printing, brightening the photo up to look better. The Epson did not appear to have a similar feature. This would only work if printing from a PC, though.

The HP has an LCD screen for viewing photos, and the Epson has the ability to take rolls of paper and print A4 without borders. You can add a screen for about £50 to the Epson though. I would say with these features, if you want to print A4 or just standard 6x4 photos get the Epson and the screen (if desired). Else, go for the HP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…