Epson XP 750 printer cannot use rear sheet feed on a mac

halcyonlisa 13:42 21 Feb 15

I have recently bought the above printer for printing photo's, but I don't want to use the cartridge as it bends photo paper too much, I cannot get it to print using the rear sheet feed, I'm about to throw it out of the window!!!

I am using it on a mac, can anyone help me - beware I am a complete tech luddite!

Peter 17:47 21 Feb 15

halcyonlisa,

I use an Epson Expression XP-750 with Windows XP so my Printer Preference box layout may not be exactly the same as yours, but I hope I can offer some advice.

Have you opened the Printer Preferences and selected the Rear Paper Feed Slot from the paper options on the Main Tab? If not you need to do so otherwise the printer won't use the Rear Paper Feed Slot.

If you have selected the Rear Paper Feed Slot you must wait until the screen on the printer tells you to load the paper before you insert it into the Rear Paper Feed Slot. If you load it too early it will just feed straight through the printer without printing your picture.

You can select A4 Photo - Portrait or A4 Photo - Landscape on the Shortcuts Tab to make the settings selections easier, but you will still need to set the Rear Paper Feed Slot as the paper source.

If you do get your printer to print okay from the Rear Paper Feed Slot you might want to add an extra printer driver for the XP-750 set up just for printing photographs via the Rear Paper Feed Slot. You can do this with the Add a Printer option, but just make sure you give it a different name from your present printer driver name otherwise you may overwrite the original one.

Peter.

halcyonlisa 19:54 21 Feb 15

Thank you for your reply Peter. Unfortunately the Printer Preferences do not give me any option to select a paper source on my Mac. I have looked everywhere, tried going into the preferences from different programmes and menu's but there is no drop down for sheet feed or for paper source. All there is are options for size of paper & that's it. I'm really disappointed as I bought this printer specifically to print photo's from my Mac & it is brand new & when printing on decent grade photo paper from the cartridge I'm getting some banding on the photo's I think because the paper has to curve round inside the printer. I'm not sure I can return it because it does print, it just doesn't seem to be fully compatible with my Mac. I'm using Yosemite & iPhoto on the Mac if that helps anyone else give me any tips??

Peter 20:41 21 Feb 15

halcyonlisa,

Perhaps Epson Support could shed some light on the matter or maybe there is an updated driver available on their website for this printer when using a Mac.

Peter.

Peter 20:41 21 Feb 15

halcyonlisa,

Perhaps Epson Support could shed some light on the matter or maybe there is an updated driver available on their website for this printer when using a Mac.

Peter.

beeuuem 21:24 21 Feb 15

Have you installed the Mac drivers ?click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

What’s happening in VR right now: From psychedelic art to combat therapy

Siri not working? Try these troubleshooting fixes