EPSON XP-100 update offer screws printing

ilzi_c 12:33 04 Feb 14

Last night while on my Windows XP home edition OS desktop I was doing design work using Broderbund software which has been successful for me for some 7 years now. As I was getting ready to print out the brochure I'd designed a message from Epson jumped on the screen and offered me an ipdate on my software, which I accepted. However, half way through the update another message appeared on the screen which said my OS was incompatible with a portion of the update - I suspected that the update was dodgy so quit their offer. When I tried to print my artwork it wouldn't print. A caption called "Photo print" appeared on the toolbar, so I clicked it, thinking "what does it matter what system I use as long as the art prints out" - Big mistake! When I returned to my design page it had all shrivelled and was illegible with margins as dashed lines, which couldn't be changed. GRRRRR!

While frustrated with this turn of events I decided to print out a document sent via an email and found this also wouldn't print. Photocopying still works, the Epson scan works, just printing out dox and art doesn't.

I uninstalled the Epson XP-100 software and then re-installed it. All to no avail. I am at wit's end how to get my beloved Broderbund software workable again and able to be printed out. I ended up re-designing the art job on Power Point and was able to print that out.

I have to be able to fix this myself somehow as I don't have the money to take it to the computer shop for fixing.

Would appreciate a swift answer. Thank you.

BRYNIT 12:39 04 Feb 14

Have you tried system restore to a date before the update.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…