Epson TWAIN 3(32-bit) (Driver UI) and understudy

Diemmess 17:43 15 Jun 05

I have an aged Epson SCSI flatbed scanner used either for scanning pictures-(Corel Photopaint 9) or for OCR- (Omnipage 12)

Nearly a year ago I began using Win 2000 for all major purposes but now have to "select" the twain driver each time I open an ap. to scan something.

As default, the second choice is always highlighted Epson TWAIN(32-bit)(DriverUI) (Without the 3!0)........
It is no big problem,just takes a few seconds longer.

Anyone out there with ideas to rearrange the default order or preferably disable the older Twain driver?

..If I forget and use the older driver, the computer thinks to itself for a few seconds and then shows a gloomy message saying "Scanner Failure -[OK]"......... Of course its not OK and takes a lot of mousepower to resume normal service..>

Diemmess 12:20 17 Jun 05

Two available Twain drivers one invalid, one good.

Application defaults to the invalid driver, but can be re-directed manually.

Is there a way I can change the default either by disabling or deleleting the unsuitable driver?

........ The two are listed one above the other in a selection box-

"Epson TWAIN3(32-bit)(DriverUI)"

"Epson TWAIN(32-bit)(DriverUI)"

The first is good, but the lower one is always highlighted!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…