Epson SX130 not recognising Tesco ink cartridges?

buel 11:47 AM 03 Feb 13

Hi, My friend's Epson SX130 printer will not recognise any of the Tesco ink cartridges, please can I ask why this is and is there anything I can do about it for him? Thank you.

mooly 13:31 PM 03 Feb 13

I guess the obvious answer is to take them back. I've never seen Tesco cartridges. If it works with other brands then you have your answer.

Woolwell 14:32 PM 03 Feb 13

I've never had a problem with Tesco cartridges. Assuming that he has the right cartridges (it's easy to get the wrong ones) then suggest that they are taken back.

buel 14:37 PM 03 Feb 13

Well it did used to be fine with the Tesco brand you see. I have tried the black cartridge from my own similar epson SX105 and mthe SX130 wont recognise those either?

SillBill 15:02 PM 03 Feb 13
  SillBill 15:03 PM 03 Feb 13
  mooly 16:22 PM 03 Feb 13

I'm not 100% that you can just remove and replace (as in put it back or try in another printer) a chipped cartridge.

I suspect if Tesco are like other "supermarket own brands" then they could well be Jettecs' which are very distinctive.

But the same applies... take 'em back.

SillBill 16:36 PM 03 Feb 13

Before taking them back try cleaning the chip gently with a microfibre cloth, it usually works for me, even if I have to take the cartridge out several times

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…