EPSON SX100 ON WINDOWS 98

ray27 10:37 23 Mar 09

A friend of mine has just purchased an Epson sx100 multi function device.

He has tried to load the disk that came with it but it states that the software is not compatible

I think his problem is that his OS is Windows 98 se and is not supported by this software
He is an OAP and the saleperson should have explained this to him
So can anyone tell us if there is a patch or driver that will enable the device to work with Windows 98 any advice ould be very gratefuly recived

MAJ 10:44 23 Mar 09

Does this help? click here

ray27 13:59 23 Mar 09

Many thanks I have printed off the pages and will post them off to him and hope he manages to install the printer using this info
Cheers Ray

Chunks13 20:27 01 Apr 09

Hi, my neighbour has just done exactly the same thing. He is running Windows 98 and cannot get the drivers for the SX100 to work. I have printed out the suggested pages above and it fails to find the INF file on page2. It says 'Windows will now find the .INF file' but it does not so how can I proceed?
Also, his computer will not recognise a USB stick, is there any way to force it to recognise this rather than having to burn the drivers onto a CD?

woodchip 21:09 01 Apr 09

Inf files may not be on the Computer for the Printer, you should put the win 98se CD in the Drive when looking for the Printer Drivers from it unless it been loaded onto the Hard Drive

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…