Epson Stylus SX200 scanner - hardware issue?

Joanknee 17:37 22 Nov 10

Hi, I have a problem with the Epson Stylus SX200 scanner. I've had the all-in-one printer for just under 2 years. I went to use the scanner to copy a letter and a thick rope-like line appears down the page on the right-hand side of the document. This only happens on scanning (copying and scan to save to use as an attachment). It's not there when printing off an email or using to print from Word. Diagnostics say everything is fine and the glass is clean on the scanner. I've been in touch with Epson and they think it is a hardware issue and it would be cheaper to buy a new all-in-one printer. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:54 22 Nov 10

Open scanner lid press STart

are all lamps lit on scannerbar?
is ribbon cable adrift and across screen?

(press stop to return to right

Joanknee 19:43 22 Nov 10

Hi Fruit Bat,
Thank you for replying.
All the lamps are lit on the scannerbar. The ribbon is not adrift and moves with the bar at the top.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:54 22 Nov 10

I would be tempted to
A) test on another PC
B) totally uninstall all the Epson software reboot the Pc and then reinstall the software and see if the exact same problem repeats.

Joanknee 22:22 22 Nov 10

Thanks Fruit Bat. Re the uninstalling, I thought about that but the Epson adviser said he thought it was a hardware issue. Thanks for your advice though.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:19 22 Nov 10

the Epson adviser is probably trying to get you to buy new machine(keeps him in a job)

:0)

Joanknee 01:10 23 Nov 10

That's what I was wondering! I might give that a try then. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…