Epson Stylus Pro XL: User defined paper sizes.

m800afc 01:55 01 Mar 09

I am using the Stylus Pro XL with the driver built into XP. There is however no obvious way to set a user defined paper size. Epson no longer support such an old printer, but tantalisingly say the above problem is a software issue which can be resolved with third party software.
I have searched high and low. Most of the links refer back to the old win3./95/net driver, which is no help. The remainder link to general purpose driver management software or printer sales pages.
Does anyone know how I can set a user defined paper size, specifically a banner, which is A3 wide x 3 (ie: 29.7cm high x 126cm wide)?

Graphicool1 16:37 01 Mar 09
  m800afc 23:11 01 Mar 09

Thanks for the reply. I am still non the wiser. I still have not been able to set a custom paper size, it is not on the drop down menu.
I should imagine I would need to edit a size already set in the driver itself, but I don't know how to do it.
If anyone knows how to edit a paper size in a driver I would love to know how.

Stuartli 08:31 02 Mar 09

>>...which is A3 wide x 3 (ie: 29.7cm high x 126cm wide)?>>

I think that any Epson printer that could print out such measurements would be a very tight fit on my five foot wide desk...:-))

(One foot = 30.5cms approximately).

m800afc 10:37 02 Mar 09

Stuartli,
I have used this size with great effect, when I was running pubs for a living. Its a convenient size size for event banners. I have printed bigger, often using the back of unwanted wallpaper. Print quality is not as important as may be first imagined, because the viewing distance is often over 25 feet, being the length of a large pub room.
My previous A3 printers, Canon and Epson, had a custom size setting, which made life easy, but the Pro XL does not. This is why I want to find out how to find the appropriate printer driver file, and edit one of the pre-existing paper sizes. Although I have retired, I still get asked occasionally to make banners for my chums.

Stuartli 11:22 02 Mar 09

I see you've been asking the question on other forums...:-)

Have you tried this link?

click here

m800afc 12:13 02 Mar 09

The links just go to driver management software sales, not information about editing the driver. I have a driver, I would like to find out how to edit the sizes for the preset size drop down menu.

Stuartli 13:31 02 Mar 09

Have you been to this Epson drivers page?

click here

Stuartli 13:33 02 Mar 09

Seems the required driver is 7519.zip, but not found it via Google other than earlier efforts..:-(

Stuartli 15:07 02 Mar 09

Your measurements should be 29.7cm wide and 126cm long i.e. the width of the A3 paper by the length you wish to print.

m800afc 13:45 03 Mar 09

Thank you for the link to the Epson Driver Page. Sadly the link points to a page with a broken diver.
The file in question is SPXL21BE.exe. I have tried to download this file from several sites, including Epson and Download.Com. In each case it seems to be the same file, packaged with different loaders, all of which fail at the same point, although slightly different error messages are given.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…