Epson Stylus Photo RX620 not recognised by PC

Nicco 22:56 21 Jun 05

I've connected an Epson RX620 printer to a PC running Windows 98 via a recently installed USB 2.0 card. Can't remember the card make but I have a VIA Tech 3038 USB 2.0 Host Controller installed if that makes any sense. It is a 4 port card and I've a mouse and camera working off it without any problem. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

woodchip 23:04 21 Jun 05

Is it 98 compliant? i.e. as the CD got 98 drivers on it or just Win2000, XP drivers

Nicco 23:14 21 Jun 05

The printer came with 98 drivers which seem to be loaded okay, except it doesn't show any USB port to print to.

Totally-braindead 00:19 22 Jun 05

The only suggestion I can think of is check the properties of the printer and see what USB port its using, by trying the different ports manually you should be able to find what port the printer is on and get it working. From what you say it sounds like the PC hasn't assigned a port to the printer.

daba 00:39 22 Jun 05

I have W98, and the same printer, there are no issues with Windows or USB port compatability.

My 620 is connected to a (cheap & nasty) USB hub, not to the mainboard USB ports. Although this is a "powered" hub, (meaning it needs a plug-in power supply), this shouldn't be an issue for mains-powered printers.

My guess is you didn't install correctly.

Did you install the software Before attaching the printer, as per the instructions ?

If you connected the printer first, and then tried to hook the driver installation onto the hardware wizard then it may fail to install properly.

If this is the case, remove the printer from your installed printers, then, if the Epson drivers are installed OK (i.e. no problems, if so re-install drivers), then re-connect the printer, and let the hardware wizard take over and find the installed drivers.

BTW, unless stated otherwise by the specific instructions of the device you are installing, always install the drivers first, then connect the hardware for the PNP wizard to complete the job.

Giggle n' Bits 00:39 22 Jun 05

Courtesy of Epson.co.uk

click here

FAQ Man

€dstowe 06:32 22 Jun 05

Printers are faddy about having their drivers and software installed EXACTLY as per instructions.

Epson printers are VERY faddy about this.

Epson R series printers are EXTREMELY faddy about it.

I suggest you remove all traces of the printer software from you machine and re-install following the instructions to the letter.

Nicco 23:07 25 Jun 05

Have re-installed the printer driver software (after first unistalling it) and installed a new Universal Host Controller driver as per Microsoft. Still the pc fails to 'see' the printer. When I go into the properties of the printer to manually select the USB port, none is shown. I've tested the actual usb port with a digital camera and this works fine. Any further suggestions?

daba 23:45 25 Jun 05

In the "Printers-> Ports" selection, you should see this port.

EPUSB1: (EPSON Stylus Photo RX620)

This is a specific port added to the PC during the driver installation.

If the port selection does not include this one, then the software installation has failed (again ?).

Have a look in "Add/Remove Programs", I have the following list of software installed for the printer, and I think I did a 'standard' install. probably the most important is the "USB Printer Devices", you should have.

EPSON Card Monitor

EPSON Copy Utility 3

EPSON PhotoQuicker3.5

EPSON PhotoStarter3.1

EPSON PRINT Image Framer Tool2.1

EPSON Printer Software

EPSON Scan

EPSON Smart Panel

EPSON USB Printer Devices

EPSON Web-To-Page

ESPRX620 Series Reference Guide

ESPRX620 Software Guide

In "System Properties->Device Manager", under "Universal Serial Bus controllers", I have (amongst others) :-

Epson MFP Composite Device

EPSON USB Storage Device

Post back with any discrepancies to this list

woodchip 17:10 26 Jun 05

All Epson needs removing from computer including Registry. then load as per Epson Destructions

Sapins 11:08 03 Jan 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…