Epson Stylus Photo R300 cartridge problem.

wotbus@ 09:52 07 Oct 09

I have replaced a cartridge (one of seven) with a compatible but the printer doesn't recognise it and refuses to print.
My SSC Service Utility see's it as full of ink.
I have used the same compatibles for years, right from the time the original Epson cartridges required replacement, with never any problem.
I have tried cleaning the chip contacts.
I have ordered some more but pending their arrival is there anything else I can try?
Have I simply got my first dud?

Stuartli 09:55 07 Oct 09

My Epson R300 only uses six cartridges...:-)

You may still have another cartridge(s) ready for replacement - it won't work unless all cartridges are operational.

Also try Epson's own Printer Status Monitor from:

click here

Terry Brown 09:56 07 Oct 09

As it does not work as specified, contact the supplier and ask for replacement, you will have to return the faulty one.
Terry

wotbus@ 10:07 07 Oct 09

Yup, defintely 6; thought I had a Light Black and Dark Black ;-).
The rest seem OK. Thanks for the link Stuartli.
Not really cost effective with postage Terry. If it was my LFCS (local friendly computer shop) I would.
Thanks for the prompt replies and I'll check the link.

Stuartli 10:32 07 Oct 09

Try unplugging the Epson for a short time and then switching on again.

Incidentally I never turn my R300 off - it prevents all the needless head cleaning routines and ensures it is always ready for action.

I've had it for about three years and the only time it doesn't work is if a cartridge needs replacing...:-)

By the way, I use DiskDepot for my replacement compatibles (£4.54 for a pack of the six cartridges!)

I buy several packs at a time to make the most of the delivery charge.

See:

click here

Just had a fresh supply delivered.

wotbus@ 10:38 07 Oct 09

Thanks Stuartli.
The same problem remains so it must be a duff cartridge. First one in 3 or 4 years so I don't complain.
Fully agree with "only time it doesn't work" bit :-)
I normally leave mine on too but when my wife uses my office to surf, she goes around switching everything off when she's finished, if I'm not there...groan
Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5