Epson Stylus Photo R300

TonyV 16:42 22 Aug 10

I have to say I do not do photos! However, my wife takes photos and would like me to print some off on the above printer. What a laugh. They are coming out all saturated in blue!

They are being printed thro' the Picasa 3 programme.

Can anyone tell me what I have to do to get the things printed in the colours that the photos seem to be on the screen, which is very good and quite natural.

The printer settings are for Best Photo with Photo enhanced. Machine is XP SP3

Thanks

TonyV

Nontek 17:05 22 Aug 10

I would guess that you have printer ink problems. Run the maintenance program built-in to the printer software. You may have empty or nearly empty cartridge(s) needing replacing.

Nontek 17:07 22 Aug 10

Also - using the correct photopaper i.e. Epsons' own, can make a very big difference to colour quality.

TonyV 17:33 22 Aug 10

I have done as you suggested and thre is no difference. I have been using photo paper as well, not Epson, but Kodak. In the past all has been fine, but today, it is rubbish! It will not print true colour from a Foxit document that is in colour either.

I have to confess that I have never been 100% happy with the Epson from a quality or speed point of view. But when my HP went up it I had no choice but to continue on with the Epson.

I've now tried head cleaning & checking alignment, but it is having no affect.

TonyV

TonyV 17:37 22 Aug 10

Incidentally, I remember on the HP Printer there was a facility for printing a Test Page. There doesn't appear to be that facility on the Epson unless you can tell me differently!

Thanks

TonyV

Nontek 17:38 22 Aug 10

Are any of the ink cart's nearly empty? This could cause colour problems - Do the test Prints in Maintenance, print OK?

I have always used Epson Printers (I did have a 300 for q

Nontek 17:39 22 Aug 10

Are any of the ink cart's nearly empty? This could cause colour problems - Do the test Prints in Maintenance, print OK?

I have always used Epson Printers (I did have a 300 for q

Nontek 17:41 22 Aug 10

Are any of the ink cart's nearly empty? This could cause colour problems - Do the test Prints in Maintenance, (those that show the patterns) print OK?

I have always used Epson Printers (I did have a 300 for quite a while), currently I have a Photo R360 and have always found them excellent for printing photo's, have printed hundreds without problems.

Nontek 17:42 22 Aug 10

Sorry about double-post, dunno what happened there.

Nontek 17:44 22 Aug 10

When you run the Nozzle check in Maintenance, you will see the option to run a Test Print.

TonyV 17:46 22 Aug 10

All the colour cartridges are about one third full with the black being three quarters full. The only test page that comes from the Maintenance is just a few lines printed from each colour which are angled but in a single line. i.e each colour is 9 lines deep by 1" long angled. It hardly seems a good check since they are quite pale.

TonyV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…