Epson Stylus Photo R265 stripdown

mikwredd 12:51 18 Jan 11

I recently received a message from my printer telling me that the ink reservoir was full. I have purchased a new reservoir but am having trouble getting the cover off the printer to install it. I am obviously reluctant to force anything so am hoping that someone can help me with instructions at to which screws/latches to access.
Many thanks
mikwredd

johndrew 14:31 18 Jan 11

If you wade through these click here you should find a manual for your printer.

Or you could try click here but I think they will want you to pay.

However, most Epson printer cases are held by four screws; two are accessed under the front cover and hold the front to the chassis rail, the others are at the back in deep recessed holes. When you come to remove the cover it should lift easily but ensure it clears the printer head - this it generally will do if the head is parked (normally to the right). You should also ensure that any adjustment (paper thickness) is at the maximum (usually lever to the '+'/upright position) to ensure the lever/mechanism/print head doesn't foul.

gengiscant 14:37 18 Jan 11

You need to remove the Paper support tray, printer cover, front cover, usb housing and right and left housing then remove the waste ink tray inside the tray you will find about 12 pads that need taking out you can just replace them with new ones or wash and dry them and re-install them the latter is very messy then refitt everything and then you will need the service utility to reset the printer.
click here
Normally you should not be getting such a message as the reservoir should last the lifetime of the printer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…