Epson Stylus Photo R200 wont print properly

belcanto 14:13 21 Mar 05

Hi there-I hope that someone can help with this-The specs of my machine are as follows; Atholon XP 2800+, 8o gb hd, 2xdvd writers, 512 mem, fx5200 agp graphics card. I brought from ebay recently, from a company r200 epson stylus photo printer, the one that can also print onto cds/dvds. Although it installed correctly, it just wont print properly, I know the cartridges are not empty as the box came with them sealed in individual packs. Also when it prints, even though it is set to do just one sheet at a time, it pulls through all the sheets in the feeder (but wont actually print anything on them). I have updated the drivers from Epson to no avail-any ideas.

TIA-belcanto

Technotiger 14:18 21 Mar 05

Hi, sounds very much as if you have a faulty machine. The problems appears too big to be something as simple as blocked jets or whatever - unless of course you have put the cartridges in without removing the little yellow strip of paper from each cartridge.

Cheers.

Chris the Ancient 16:51 21 Mar 05

I had some problems when I first bought my R200.

What I ended up doing was deleting the printer and re-installing it a couple of times. I found that there was absolutely no short cuts in the installation that could be got away with and that the instructions have to be follwed to the letter.

Worth a try?

pj123 17:00 21 Mar 05

Got absolutely no problems with my R200 also bought on ebay.

Just make sure you have installed the ink cartridges correctly, as Technotiger has said.

Happy Soul 17:36 21 Mar 05

I'm with Chris the Ancient here, my son's R200 installed perfectly, because he followed the installation instructions to the letter. I obviously never becasue I had to uninstall - re-install to get it right. Although Technotiger could have hit the nail on the head.

maz2 17:59 21 Mar 05

I also has trouble with mine, having to uninstall and reinstall on a regular basis. I installed to the letter the first time and completely uninstalled and reinstalled after that, I think there are a lot of faulty machines about, I've always had Epson and been pleased with them but not this time. It's now in a box on top of the wardrobe and I've bought a Canon Pixma ip3000, which installed with no problems and runs like a dream, I honestly can't beleive the difference and neither can my husband as he was fed up with my swearing, the print quality is far better as well. If you've only just bought it I would it and try to get a refund also the inks for the Canon (compats) are just as cheap

pj123 13:52 22 Mar 05

Another point concerning any Epson USB printer.

I got this from the Epson Helpdesk some time ago.

I was told: either 1. do not switch the printer off. or 2. If you do switch the printer off, switch the printer on before booting the computer.

I chose option 1. I have two Epson printers (both USB) one is an Epson Stylus Photo 895 and the other is an Epson Stylue Photo R200. I never switch them off and I have never had any problems printing to either of them since.

maz2 16:29 22 Mar 05

I noticed that as well once you got it going it was best not to switch it off as I had big problems when switching on again, I have a CX32oo which is ok if I switch it off but the R200 and a friends c64 were a right pain if they were switched off

belcanto 23:43 22 Mar 05

Hi there everyone-thanks alot for the advice recieved. The solution it seems was a combination of re-installing the software and drivers and keeping the printer on after booting the PC. Once again thanks everyone. belcanto

Chris the Ancient 08:57 23 Mar 05

Glad it was resolved for you.

belcanto 00:31 20 Jun 05

Hi there-I hope that someone can help with this-The specs of my machine are as follows; Atholon XP 2800+, 8o gb hd, 2xdvd writers, 512 mem, fx5200 agp graphics card. I brought from ebay recently, from a company r200 epson stylus photo printer, the one that can also print onto cds/dvds. Well, I have solved the problem of printing onto paper, but when I have tried to print onto a cd/dvd it wont do it. The error message keeps on telling me to "reload the cd/dvd tray" or something like that. I know the dvd is a printable one. So can anyone help?

Belcanto

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…