Epson stylus Photo 925 USB printer problem

Having had this printer running happily on my old PC running ME. I moved it to a newer PC running ME. The printer installation program is unable to find the printer on the USB port and always sets it to LPT1. There is no LPT1 on this printer. I have tried pointing it to the USB port (EPUSB1)but the printer does not respond. The printer is shown as a drive letter and memory cards inserted can be viewed, as on my previous PC.

shifty 20:17 08 Jun 03

Haven't got an an answer to the problem but have had exactly the same problem with swopping a C70 and a colleague with a 760 stylus. I had to keep un-installing the printer and re-installing to get it to load correctly numerous times , on the last attempt the system froze and on re-start the printer was their but the status monitor was missing which was added later. Now I get an error message if I switch the printer on before start-up but all is O:K if I switch on later? My work colleague gave up and connected is older printer up to the LPT port.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…