Epson Stylus Photo 890 items stuck in print queue

Trikie 21:44 29 Dec 03

Printing a 2 page document it printed half the 1st page and then spewed out lots of unprinted sheets. I had been getting the low ink warning for some time so I replaced the cartridge (black). Since then the print command sends the item to the print queue but it stays there, even when I go to the queue and try to start it from there.

I'm using XP and loaded up-dated driver 2 months ago.

Any suggestions please (prferably in baby language). Thanks.

mammak 22:00 29 Dec 03

Hi Trikie baby to a baby here but right clicking your printer icon on task bar it should give an option' to cancel each print job' and from there start again, and as for the spewing of paper i have an epson c42 plus as a second printer dito same problem, read up here not so long ago that someone had the same prob cant think where now, however hope at least something helps you, all the best Mammak.

Trikie 22:38 29 Dec 03

Thanks Mammak - I did this umpteen times without any success so in disgust I switched the printer off. Tried it again just now and guess what......
yes, it's working perfectly!

Moral is to remember the first action with any sort of problem is to switch off and then switch back on. This helproom is step 2.

Thanks for your interest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…