Epson stylus photo 830

barneydog 12:57 09 Mar 03

My epson photo 830 will not print.
The red light on the centre button is on which suggests a paper jam however there is no evidence of this. I have put in two new print cartridges.
Since this problem started the children have slid the ink cartridge assembly across by hand therefore changing its position on the belt. Will this matter?
Pressing the right hand button gives no response.
Thanks for any help
Barneydog

Djohn 13:20 09 Mar 03

Yes, this will have altered the alignment of the printer head, and correct parking of same. What you can try, and it should work, is to do the following.

Turn on printer, and leave on, remove the power plug from the rear of printer, wait a few seconds and replace the plug. With a bit of luck you should now hear a grinding noise as the drive belt slips over the print head to reset itself.

If this happens, give it a printhead clean from the software and it should be ok and working fine. Good luck, this has worked for many users of Epson printers in the past.

brambles 18:55 09 Mar 03

I would recommend you speak to the Epson support people at:
08701 637766 - have serial number available - it's all press - press- press like automated answering systems are. It's still worth persevering because they are normally very helpful & friendly people when you do get through to a PERSON!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…