Epson stylus PHOTO 830

sheps 22:41 25 Jul 04

Please help me, I have installed the software for my printer but it is not working, i've gone into system info and it is saying Printer port is set to FILE, is this the problem???

sil_ver 23:05 25 Jul 04

USB should be checked if it's the USB version. right click on the printer icon and then properties click on the Ports tab and see that USB is checked

sheps 23:25 25 Jul 04

Hi Sil-ver,
My printer has a parallel port,

sil_ver 23:27 25 Jul 04

Then I would have thought the LPT port should be ticked

sheps 23:38 25 Jul 04

oh ok, how do i find this, so as i can make sure it has been checked?

sil_ver 23:46 25 Jul 04

In control panel open the printer icon. Right click on the epson printer icon and then on properties. Click on the 'Ports' tab and see if the LPT box is checked. If it's not, put a tick in the box. If there is a tick in the 'File' box untick it.

daba 00:13 26 Jul 04

If you have been trying to get documents printed to FILE: then you will have been prompted for the location and filename under which to store the document print output.

Could be time for a cleanout, these 'files' are useless, as they do not carry enough formatting information for printing to the printer afterwards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…