Epson Stylus Photo 740 Printer Driver for XP

PC Advice Sir 19:46 12 Feb 04

I have an Epson Stylus Photo 740 printer, but there is no driver available for this printer for the XP OS even on their website, which is rather a shame.

Is it feasable to download and utilise a driver for another printer (the Epson 760) for instance, or should I look elsewhere?

It seems daft that a decent printer, however slightly dated, be redundant due to lack of a driver even from the vendor's website.

Paul.

igk 20:03 12 Feb 04

Are there win 2000 drivers on the Epson site if so try this,its a lot safer than trying a different models drivers,if it goes belly up just "roll back" the driver to the old one.Hope this helps.

clayton 20:27 12 Feb 04
  sicknote 20:34 12 Feb 04

I've been running an epson 740 on the drivers from Win xp Pro with no probs,the only thing i missed with these drivers was the monitor for ink levels.

PC Advice Sir 22:50 12 Feb 04

Epson do stress having the drivers for their printers for the advantages they describe, yet this one is not available? Rather naughty and self contradictory of their own advice I would think.

I will follow your kind advice in pursuit of a solution, and report back with the results.

Thankks for your helpful responses.

Paul.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…