Epson Stylus cx6400 & snap off photo paper

Baledor 13:21 15 Sep 04

Hi everyone. I have the above printer and I was keen to utilise the borderless printing feature, so I purchased some 6x4 photo paper from W H Smith. The problem with it is the paper is 6x4 after you have snapped off the perforated tabs. Evidently the printer can print borderless without needing the tabs on the paper.

I want to set up the printer so it will print a 6x4 photo in the center of the paper or tell the printer to print 6x4 say with a margin all round.

I hope I have explained this well???

stlucia 13:47 15 Sep 04

I've used paper with snap-off borders with an Epson printer (but not your model). I'm not at my own PC now so I can't check; but from memory there was either an option for that type of paper in the drop-down list of paper sizes in the printer dialogue box, or I measured the overall size of the paper and input it as a custom paper size. Then the print dialogue box also give you the option to centre the paper vertically and horizontally.

stlucia 13:51 15 Sep 04

I've used paper with snap-off borders in my Epson printer, but I'm not at my own PC now so I can't check exactly how.

If there isn't an option for that kind of paper in the drop-down list of paper sizes in the printer dialogue box, I expect that I measured the actual overall size of the paper and input it as a custom paper size.

Then the printer dialogue box gives you the option to center the picture horizontally and vertically, and it should be just right when you snap off the borders.

stlucia 13:53 15 Sep 04

Hmm... sorry about the double-post. I got an error message saying it had timed-out when sending the first response. But seems it had sent it anyway.

Sans le Sou 14:18 15 Sep 04

take the tabs off and set printer to 6 X 4 then print.

Sans le Sou 14:20 15 Sep 04

Thats 6 x 4 no perforations option.

Baledor 15:15 15 Sep 04

I'll look for that option in more depth, I thought I had checked everywhere, but there may be an option i'm missing.

I wanted to avoid doing that Sans, only through laziness though, if it comes down to it, and there is no other way, then that will be my only option.

Cheers again.

Sans le Sou 20:23 15 Sep 04

You can very nearly get 4 6 by 4s on an A4 with no margins, then slice them up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…