Epson Stylus CX6400 - any good???????????

just bought an Epson Stylus CX6400,got a lexmark X83 that was costing about £60 to replenish with ink,that being the reason for the change,as i understand the Epson Stylus CX6400 has four separate tanks which i can renew for £20ish-BARGAIN,anyone got one? How is it?

Forgot to mention that i havn't actually taken delivery yet,hence the curiosity

Shas 13:14 13 Apr 04

Bought one at Christmas. Haven't used it very much yet, (not enough to actually comment on ink usage and replacement, so I might not be of much help!). What I have done with it so far though, I've been pleased with.

The built-in card reader on the front makes it very easy to get your photos on screen (so no camera/card reader wires everywhere). It's quiet in operation (once it's finished initialising itself on first power-up) and has user friendly online help.

Also find it very useful that it's a stand-alone printer and it gives very good results from both colour and black and white printing.

You can choose standard or high capacity individual ink cartridges and the high cap are only a pound or two dearer for considerably more yield. (Haven't got the actual figures here with me but can let you know if you're interested.)

As far as the scanner is concerned, the one thing I couldn't seem to fathom was how to save written documents as small text files - whichever format I chose even a small bank statement was around 500KB, (but even that wouldn't be a problem if they were then saved to a cd). That aside, the scanner's still easy to use, like the rest of it.

So, for what it's worth, I personally think it's a very good buy.

cheers shaz,finally got it and love it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…