Epson Stylus CX6400 All-in-One Unit

rozelle 09:56 24 Oct 07

My printer works as normal for scanning and printing but when I go to just photocopy a page, then only half of the sheet is printed. My sister says the light bar something or other is getting stuck. Has anyone any idea if this is a repairable fault or does it mean I either have to go to the Library for any photocopying that I need and eventually have to replace the Epson?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:05 24 Oct 07

Try

Uninstall EVERYthing to do with Epon and then reboot and reload the drivers.

rozelle 11:55 24 Oct 07

Hi Fruit Bat /\O/\

Unfortunately, being a bit of a dimbo, uninstalling is a bit beyond me but I will be having a visitor on Saturday and then will be able to try your suggestion.
I appreciate your help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:06 24 Oct 07

Start - settings - control panel - system - hardware - device manager - hghligh the device - right click -selct uninstall from the menu.

When you have uninstalled reboot the PC withe the scanner plugged in and switched on windows will find and reinstall it (you may have to have the CD with drivers on ready for when it asks for the drivers or it may jst reinstall without asking.)

rozelle 13:35 24 Oct 07

Hi again

I have to go out in a short while so will have to try to follow your instructions later - fingers crossed.

Very grateful for your help.

rozelle 16:57 24 Oct 07

Hi again Fruit Bat /O\/O\

Well, my Sister telephoned so she could help by talking me through your suggested solution. Then she had a brain wave and asked me what was showing in the display panel. I said 10 x 15 - she asked me to keep pressing the bottom lit up button until it said A4 - and YES, that was the problem. I must at some time have inadvertently pressed this button and so it was only producing small copies. I did tell you I was a dimbo.
I am so grateful for your help.
Many thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:03 24 Oct 07

Glad you got it sort

please tick the box and click resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5