Epson stylus Cx3650 new ink shows as Empty

howard64 10:01 16 Mar 08

I have been asked to try and sort out an all in one Epson stylus Cx3650 which has had new ink cartridges put in but they still show as empty. Can anyone please point me at a way of resetting it. Thanks in advance.

martjc 10:40 16 Mar 08
  howard64 10:57 16 Mar 08

thanks martjc but there is nothing there about resetting the counters etc.

Gongoozler 11:03 16 Mar 08

Have a look at this click here

howard64 11:12 16 Mar 08

thanks Gongoozler I have installed this but it says that you cannot software reset with is device. So it looks like buy a chip resetter or throw the unit away.

spuds 13:06 16 Mar 08

You haven't mentioned if the cartridges are originals or compatibles. I assume that they are compatibles. Also doe's the printer work or is it showing any other message excluding the 'show', something like 'requires service (full pads in waste tank!).

In a previous Epson C86, I was able to reset using the device from Gongoozler link (but read the set-up and instructions first).

I would also suggest that the retailer of the cartridges are contacted for their advice. I have recently had a set of compatibles from a well known supplier, these wouldn't work, and were eventually replaced. The replacements worked!.

howard64 09:03 17 Mar 08

these are epson genuine cartridges

howard64 09:45 18 Mar 08

I am giving up on this and giving it back to the owner so will mark as resolved Cheers all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac