Epson Stylus colour 600 printing problem

Pamy 14:39 10 Nov 05

Hello everyone,

I have had this printer since about 1999 without any problems until the last few weeks, so I dont think it ows me anything. On "Best" quality print setting it is fine but recently on normal print setting I am getting banding lines across the page. I have tried all the cleaning and nozzle set up a few times but it does not have any effect, does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem might be and how to cure it?

Pamy

Bagsey 14:47 10 Nov 05

Have you tried running some cleaning cartridges.
Look at 7dayshop for cheap ones 0.99p each.. It could be worth a try.

SANTOS7 14:51 10 Nov 05

I have a Epson 680 (circa2000) have to take casing off from time to time to get rid of ink buildup on rollers and around paper feed, have a look there it may help...

Pamy 14:57 10 Nov 05

Bagsey, thanks for quick reply. No I have not tried a cleaning cartridge,but will get hold of some and try them.(I have run methalated spirit through in the past when the heads have bean blocked through lack of use) I have run the cleaning process many times with the ink cartridges but thought it may be something other than blocked nozzels as it is OK on Best print setting.

Pamy

Monoux 14:59 10 Nov 05

Have you tried from the maintenace section re- aligning the cartridges. if they get very slightly out of line it can cause the banding you describe

Pamy 15:01 10 Nov 05

Santos7, thank you for your suggestion also. Will get hubby to look there if cannot cure any other way.

Pamy

Pamy 15:04 10 Nov 05

Monoux, I have tried where you enter another number in order line up vertical lines, but this did not help. Is that what you ment?

Pamy

choicestationery 15:53 10 Nov 05

Hi From Choice Stationery click here

You could try this:

Turn your printer on, and run the cleaning program 5 times - BUT DO NOT print any test pages in between or after. Leave your printer to stand switched on overnight. In the morning run one more cleaning cycle followed by a nozzle check and fingers crossed - all should be fine

If not, why not try a set of cleaning cartridges?

Reagards
Paul
Choice Stationery Supplies

Diemmess 16:15 10 Nov 05

Most of the suggestions should be tried. After all the fuss and panic, including simply leaving the thing alone overnight to allow any minute air bubbles to disperse.
Your opening statement "have had this printer since about 1999" may be the bottom line truth that nothing is forever.

Pamy 17:52 10 Nov 05

Hey guys thanks for all your replies. Thanks Paul from Choice Stationary for your suggestion that I will certainly try.

On normal print setting the page is moved forward about 9mm's at a time with a pause in between and it is at this point that the band line appears. On "Best" print setting this does not happen and the print is perfect, that is why I do not think the banding is due to blocked nozzels. I think it probably due for replacement.

Pamy

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:13 10 Nov 05

Printer manuals and service manuals

click here

service software click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…