Epson Stylus Colour 600 damaged cartridge removal

Duncanf 23:12 18 Dec 03

Anyone help to remind me how to replace a damaged cartridge before it's completely empty of ink?
I've lost the original handbook for Epson Stylus Colour 600. I need to get the carriage to stop at the centre of its movement which happens automatically if the ink is empty.
Thanks once again in anticipation!

DAG88 23:24 18 Dec 03

you should have a piece of software installed on your computer that came with the printer that allows you to change the cartridge. I think it is the one that allows you to select the print quality etc

Duncanf 23:39 18 Dec 03

Thanks Dag88.
I've tried Printer>Properties>utility but there isn't any mention of cartridge removal/replacement. I've also looked at the print quality screen again with no mention. Any more thoughts?

Djohn 23:45 18 Dec 03

Duncanf If you lift the lid, the instructions are underneath the top flap. It's by pressing one of the three buttons on the front of the printer, [Can't remember which one] The carriage will move to the centre, un-clip the cartridge and remove.

Replace new cartridge and press the same button again, the printer will go through a priming/cleaning cycle and park the heads up, safe to then turn off. j.

Duncanf 23:51 18 Dec 03

Thanks Djohn.....I knew about the instructions under lid but thought that was only for completely empty cartridges. I've done what you said and that's it solved. Thank you both very much again...DAG88 and Djohn.

bananaslik 08:55 19 Dec 03

press &hold the paper load button down till the carriage comes across

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…