Epson Stylus Colour 3000 printer

newton_rover 12:00 22 Aug 04

I acquired the Epson Printer quite some time ago and use it mainly for newsletters and correspondence for a Residents Association. It has worked very well until recently but now the cyan cartridge is not working properly. When I print a test pattern all colours including black print evenly except the cyan which has many "missing" segments in the printed pattern. The instruction book says clean the nozzles through 'Utilities' but many attempts at doing this has shown no improvement. It looks as if some of the cyan nozzles may be really blocked and I wonder if there is anything I can do to clean them. Incidentally I have tried a brand new Epson Cartridge and made sure the paper is correct etc. I do not want to have to send this printer for repair unless it is absolutely necessary (I can't see how to get to the printer heads myself) because it would probably cost an arm and a leg to have it stripped and cleaned. On the other hand I have new cartridges which I have just spent about £90 on!

pj123 14:21 22 Aug 04

Can you confirm that this is an Epson Stylus Colour 3000 printer. I can't find any reference to this printer, even on the Epson site? Alternatively, tell us the ink cartridge numbers.

€dstowe 14:58 22 Aug 04

This is a large format (A2) printer click here

newton_rover 16:22 22 Aug 04

Yes, this is an Epson Stylus Colour 3000 A2 printer which is not a new one but has done excellent work up to date apart from the problem mentioned above. It would be a terrible waste of money to abandon it now, particularly as it normally prints very well and although the cartridges are very expensive they do a lot of printing. Our Association is not overun with funds so I must try to get it performing properly if at all possible.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…