Epson Stylus Color Ink Cartidges

wednesday 13 20:44 13 Apr 05

I have had problems with ink cartridges lately. They always seem to be drying up. Yesterday I perchased a new one but red came out pink and yellow didn't come out at all. Today it says there is no ink in the colour when yesterday it was full. Should i buy a new one or could you help?

Technotiger 20:55 13 Apr 05

Hi, Have you checked for blocked nozzles etc, using the Epson tools. Go to Control Panel and click on Printer&Faxes, then right click on the Printer Icon and go to Properties>Printer Preferences>Maintenance and run the various checks and test prints.

Cheers.

Giggle n' Bits 21:13 13 Apr 05

to Shake (before removing packaging) the cartridge several times.

Your problems sounds like Cartridge is damaged. Inside a Colour Cartridge are compartments if you have a single colour Cart then there are 3 channels of colour. In packing or Post should a chanel wall get crushed then the ink will flood into one colour or just block in.

There again maybe the type of cartridge may be a bad egg. You don't name who's cartridges they are. Personally "Choice Stationary" are the best in my view.

wednesday 13 16:32 14 Apr 05

Thanks for your advice, i'll try it in future, where do you get 'ChoiceStationary' cartridges from?

wednesday 13 16:33 14 Apr 05

I had this advice before from Epson but the computer just froze.

Technotiger 16:39 14 Apr 05

Choice Stationary
Compatible Cartridges From Only 95p Same Day Dispatch, Free Delivery
click here

wednesday 13 19:47 14 Apr 05

Thanks for the link but do you need a credit card to purchase? Should i use a JR Universal Inkjet refill for now and try cleaning the nozzles?

woodchip 19:57 14 Apr 05

JR decked my Epson Colour Styles Pro. I have had a Epson 680 for some years and only use Choice Stationary I use a Samsung Laser for most Text

woodchip 19:59 14 Apr 05

When changing Brands of Ink you should use a Cleaning Cart to clear all the old Ink as the may Clog printer if they mix

Technotiger 20:28 14 Apr 05

credit card? sorry I don't know, I've not used them - yet!

BT 08:23 15 Apr 05

I've used ChoiceStationery for years and found the really helpful. Give them a call on 0800 093 9040, its a free call. I'm not sure whether they accept payments other than by credit card but its worth a free phone call to find out. I'm sure they will try to accomodate any form of payment if they can. Their website is click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5