Epson Stylus Color 680 Driver Woe

john88 20:10 19 Aug 06

I have just got a new PC and installed my printer thru plug & play on XP pro. It was working OK but now an error light is being displayed on the printer and it refuses to print. I downloaded the epson status monitor program but when I try to intsall it I get a message saying that the printer isn't installed. Device manager of course shows the printer as being installed. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

Spark6 20:20 19 Aug 06

john88

Try uninstalling and re-installing. Provided there is nothing wrong with the printer it should be OK.

Hertz Van Rentyl 21:14 19 Aug 06

May need to use the "Add printer wizard" XP gets a bit humpy sometimes, had the same problem with the wifes C20.

john88 09:33 20 Aug 06

I've tried deleting the printer then re-installing with the wizard but no joy. The Epson Status Monitor utility program still refuses to work. When I try to install I get a message saying that the printer is not installed please try again.

oldal 09:50 20 Aug 06

Have you tried to install using the Epson software supplied with the printer rather than the XP wizard ?

The Old Mod 09:51 20 Aug 06

Hi, if it's a usb connection, you must install the software first, then when asked to, connect the usb lead and switch the printer on and wait for windows to find it.
Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…