Epson Stylus Color 600 - spooling error

coinneach 10:48 09 May 04

My friend gets the following message when trying to use her printer:

'Error while spooling to "". Unable to start the spool manager.'

I've tried reinstalling the software and have downloaded an updated driver, with no result.

Pamy 11:38 09 May 04

had same problem so months ago but it corrected itself when I deleted all print jobs (can`t remember how), then turned printer off and restarted. Sorry cannot offer more help, but my reply will bring your question back up for others to see.

LAP 13:40 09 May 04

re Pamy suggestion I think if you right click on printer icon on the taskbar and highlight all outstanding print jobs and cancel then..

coinneach 16:51 09 May 04

Thanks to Pamy and Lap for your suggestions, but there are no outstanding print jobs in the pipeline, so the problem's something more sinister, I'm afraid.

LAP 17:37 09 May 04

'Without telling you how to suck eggs' Have you tried uninstalling, remove usb cable etc then restart computer. Computer might think the 'old' printer is still attached!
Then reinstalling in the correct order (which I can't remember) Worth a try.

coinneach 22:01 14 May 04

Thanks for further contribution, LAP. I uninstalled both the old software (from CD-ROM) and the new download(updated driver from Epson) before rebooting. After reinstalling everything, I managed to get the printer to print OK, but the status manager is now missing, so we won't be forewarned about running out of ink! I'll try carrying out the procedure one more time and if it doesn't work, I'll send Epson an email. I've delayed doing this because they ask for so much information on their form!

coinneach 16:16 29 May 04

Update. I finally appealed to Epson support and they gave me a detailed procedure for handling this problem. It restored the status monitor and also a missing file, but the error message persisted and the printer refuses to print again. So it's back to Epson for more help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…