epson stylus color 600 printer

foxy1974 16:22 11 Jul 05

My printer has just stopped working, it had been working fine and i've just gone to print something and the printer stopped half way through when i went into my control panal and then into printers it didn't show any printers there at all, so i've tried to re-install it and it just gives me a message saying 'no print processor is found. Your windows system may be abnormal condition. Exit windows and try again, or set up your windows again'. I have tried restarting the computer but still nothing can anyone shed any light on this please.(i have windows 2000). Michelle

howard60 21:10 11 Jul 05

try unplugging the printer and reboot pc without it. Then switch off and plug printer back in. Switch back on and it may be found again.

foxy1974 19:15 15 Jul 05

I have tried the advice given to me but now when i try to re-install the printer from the cd-rom i get an error message saying'There is nothing to setup. Please check that you have selected an application/driver to install and Retry'. Can anyone shed anymore light on this please.

Terry Brown 19:25 15 Jul 05

The best option would be to re-install your operating into the same directory as the original. This should repair any errors.
Terry

Sans le Sou 19:38 15 Jul 05

Have you got the instruction book for the printer only there may be some self tests you can do without being connected to computer. Your printer may have died and this may give some indication to the problem.

anchor 15:58 17 Jul 05

The Epsom 600 is a very old model indeed, and I suspect that it may have given up the ghost. Mine did about 3 years ago. It might be worth checking the cable that connects to the PC parallel port; if possible try a spare.

Good luck.

Diemmess 16:16 17 Jul 05

If you don't have the "Get Started" book - From memory disconnect from the computer and hold dowm one of the buttons on the front, and then switch on.

The button for load and eject should take you to a head alignment check but the button may differ depending on the model.

If you can get it to print anything the porblem iis not the old printer.

Another wheeze is to go to Control panel | printer | properties, and run Windows test page

Diemmess 16:17 17 Jul 05

Please ignore last line. I meant to delete, not send!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:32 17 Jul 05

1. Is the LED lit on the printer when you switch it on? (if not check power socket plug wires fuse and cable inserted fully at rear of printer)

2. Is the parallel cable fully connected at rear of printer and rear of PC?

foxy1974 18:20 17 Jul 05

I'd like to thank you all for your advice, i unplugged the printer from the computer and held down the paper feeder button at the front and the printer is now working fine at the moment, but i wont hold my breath so watch this space. Thank you

jack 20:07 17 Jul 05

As Fruit bat said simply a connection problem[data/power]
It pays to ratlle all you connectors from time to time -espiciallyif they are a little bit stretched.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…