Epson Stylus 750 Photo

Malcos 20:23 19 Aug 08

My prints have ink streaks on the back and I think the waste ink chamber my need cleaning.

Can anybody tell me how to do this please ?

Bris 20:30 19 Aug 08

If you have ever wondered where all the ink goes when you perform a head clean all you have to do is unscrew the bottom plate. Underneath you will find a 1 inch thick felt pad that covers the whole of the underside of the printer and thats where it stores all of the lovely expensive ink that makes Epson lots of money.

Malcos 20:06 20 Aug 08

Thanks to Bris for responding. Yes, I'm sure I've been keeping the Epson ink factory quite solvent.
Having examined the base of my printer I can see no obvious way of unscrewing the bottom plate since there are no visible screws.
Two or three years ago John Ash described in the PC Advisor Helproom how to clean the waste ink chamber but I have been unable to find reference to the procedure in the Forum.
Can anyone advise me, please ?
Malcos

woodchip 22:14 20 Aug 08

Sounds like you have overprinted on to the feed roller

woodchip 22:26 20 Aug 08

if you can get to the feed roller you could try cleaning it with meths and paper kitchen towel

Quiet Life 23:24 20 Aug 08

I think woodchip is right if the ink container overflows it will drip from underneath and would not cause streaking. If the inkcontainer fills up all the lights start flashing as a warning.
I have a 750 photo and cleaned the pads about three years ago. You have to take the overall plastic cover off and take it from there. The old ink evaporates and leaves a residue of dried ink and I find it hard to believe that it would overflow. No doubt it can happen but you would get a better dea if you take the cover off,
Two screws at the front (one just beside the ink carriage when parked and the other at the other end) and two at the bottom rear.

Bris 21:00 21 Aug 08

Hi Malcos

I have one of these printers in my loft and you are right the bottom plate cant be removed from underneath. If you still cant get anywhere after taking the cover off as Quiet Life suggests I could have a go at stripping mine down! Done it before but a few years ago.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5