Epson Stylus 600

GazMaz 16:03 01 Mar 03

Great printer had it a long time but now, no longer works.

I have gone from Win 95 to win 98.
I have tried reloadeding win 98, I have tried a new system.exe file, I have tried a bog standard Epson driver, all to no avail. The driver software for the printer is based on 95, but I cannot believe I'm having this many problems.
I have got it running through a USB adaptor, I have had the printer working early on with my new system, but no longer. If anyone got any ideas where to go, look whatever I'd be grateful.

I keep getting the following error message

(While spooling to "". Unable to create spool job.)

Djohn 16:08 01 Mar 03

The 600 is a parallel printer, so this may be what is causing the problem. I can confirm that the 600 will work perfectly with win 95 and 98se, also with the original drivers. there is no need for a driver update. J.

GazMaz 16:34 01 Mar 03

OK seems to be the problem, but print still not perfect never mind I need a Parrallel port splitter now.

Djohn 16:50 01 Mar 03

GazMaz, if it's to take your scanner as well as printer then a new cable may be a better solution.

Printer to scanner, and then scanner to PC, think it's called a pass through! This way your printer and scanner will be connected all the time and work OK. J

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…