epson stylus 460 driver

pete h 14:27 20 Aug 04

hya ppl can someone tell me how i can download a driver for my epson stylus color 460 printer. i try and install the disc i have and it is telling me that it isnt compatible with windows xp. if i install it i start to get the messages that it will cause me problems.

Joanne_1 14:49 20 Aug 04

You can download the driver and the status monitor from the manufacturer click here

AndySD 14:50 20 Aug 04
  albu 14:53 20 Aug 04

I have a Epson Stylus Color 440 and Windows XP Home had a driver for this, as my original driver was out of date. Service Pack 1 was installed.

Try browsing for the driver within Windows XP.

xania 14:56 20 Aug 04

XP expects all drivers to be M/S endorsed and warns you whenever you attempt to install drivers which they have not approved. However, I'm not so sure in your case. A quick check Print-Drivers web site implies that the drivers are compatible only to 2000 Pro, with a note that it MIGHT work with other OS.

click here

Driverguide will accept NT as well

click here

The Epsom site itself offers drivers from 95 - 2000 + Mac - and some manuals only for XP.

So you may well be out of luck - there may not be any drivers avialble for your configuration. The only thing I can suggest is that you take a snapshot of your system (so that you can back out agian if you hit problems) then risk an instlal of what you have. You never know - it might just work.

Good luck.

cherria 15:13 20 Aug 04

The default XP drivers will work fine for your printer. The only thing you lose is the ability to see how much ink you have left in the cartriges. This is a little annoying but the printer flashes its lights when you are running out so just keep a spare set of cartridges handy and you'll have no problems.

You will not be able to get the original drivers and software to work on XP so don't kill yourself trying.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…