Epson status monitir 3 query

Eargasm 22:10 19 Sep 04

Hi All

I have a epson c70 printer, a few weeks ago i replaced a black cartridge in my printer however status monitor diden't recognise it and kept showing it as empty.

If a cartridge is empty the printer will not work at all,at the time i was reading some threads on here and i think it was "woodchip" who advised someone about downloading a file that showed all status monitor ink levels full.

I downloaded it and the printer worked fine.

Now i'm almost sure 2 of my colour cartridges are empty (printing really poor) but status monitor shows them as full.I can't find the thread,or remember what i downloaded.Does anyone have any idea how to reset status monitor?

marjted 22:41 19 Sep 04

Is this the lionk you are looking for?
click here

Eargasm 22:57 19 Sep 04

Yes thanks,that's what i downloaded,is it possible to put back as it was ?

TOPCAT® 23:20 19 Sep 04

I would suggest you remove your printer drivers and the Status Monitor 3 software. Reboot, and then reinstall your printer. Load the drivers first then Status Monitor 3, rebooting after each loading. TC.

Eargasm 23:31 19 Sep 04

Thanks,I'll give it a go tommorrow.

Eargasm 21:29 26 Sep 04

Still having problems,i did as topcat suggested but status monitor still shows all ink levels full when i know they are not,any ideas?

marjted 22:22 26 Sep 04

Are you running XP with SP2 installed? There are some problems with Epson printers apparently and Epson are issuing new drivers. Their schedule is here
click here

Eargasm 22:40 26 Sep 04

Thanks for the link, i am running xp home but as yet have not installed sp2,as apparantly i have a dodgy copy of office 2000 installed, and am not sure it will work with sp2.(but that's another story)click here

Smegs 00:52 27 Sep 04

I would wait for the Epson Updated drivers. I have a C82, and whenever I want to use it, I have to unplug then re-plug it back in, for it to be picked up. It's only been like this, since I've installed SP2.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…