Epson spool manager cant find printer

rohar 20:25 06 Jan 03
  rohar 20:25 06 Jan 03

HI,
I've got a new computer and am gradually transferring all the software - using the original discs.

Finally I tried the printer and all I get is
Epson manager X

and a pop up box that says

Error while spooling to ""
Unable to start the spool manager

The priinter is fine - works on the old computer
so the cable must be ok.

I've reinstalled the pirnter drivers from teh original disc

I've downloaded updated drivers

I've waited 2 weeks from a response from Epson.

My next move is a new printer unless you can think of something else

Thanks

recap 20:34 06 Jan 03

1. Do you have any anti virus if so disable it if you do not know how to please provide the anti virus program you have and I will find info. on how to disable it. If you have norton anti virus you must go to start programs norton, norton anti virus you must DISABLE BOTH AUTO PROTECT MODE AND LOAD AUTO PROTECT AT STARTUP... ONCE YOU HAVE DONE THIS REBOOT.

2. Uninstall the driver by add/ remove programs in control panel or go to start programs look for epson and then uninstall DO NOT GO TO START SETTINGS PRINTERS RIGHT CLICK ON IT AND SELECT DELETE, this will leave tons of garbage files behind. REBOOT

3. hit ctrl,alt,delete and end task everything except for EXPLORER & SYSTRAY then close out of that window

4. Reinstall driver

hope that helps?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…