Epson Smart Panel - Copy won't load

Trikie 20:00 11 Feb 05

I've reloaded the program for my Epson Perfection 1650 scanner onto a replacement PC but the Copy facility is missing. Message is to insert the Install CD. I've tried re-loading but no use.

Old and new PCs both XP Home.

alB 20:20 11 Feb 05

Try putting the installation disc in your drive, explore the disc and look for a folder called EPCopy, double click this folder and then the English folder, open this up and then double click the disc 1 folder, double click the setup.exe icon and that should start the installation for you ...alB

Trikie 20:27 11 Feb 05

Thanks alB - worked a treat.

Trikie 20:32 11 Feb 05

I spoke too soon - trying to copy I get 2 messages -Twain does not support this scanner and the scanner is not connected.

These come up on all the other facilities as well but they were working OK. Looks like I have disturbed something - should i Uninstall and then reinstall or is there another way out?

alB 22:33 11 Feb 05

Reboot your PC with the scanner switched on, that should reset the twain drivers, if that does not work reinstall the software from the disc by way of the autorun feature, (should be no need to uninstall first) also check in your control panel, scanners and cameras, highlight your scanner and click properties, check that it states the device is working properly, if not, click to update the driver and let windows search for the driver...alB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple