Epson Smart Panel & the Copy facility

ch0pper 00:54 22 May 04

I found on Thursday night that I was no longer able to use the Copy facility to use my Epson 1650 scanner and my HP DEskJet 5552 printer.

It works OK if I select the Print Photo option, so clearly the s/ware can see my printer.

However, when trying to copy, I get an error message telling me that the s/ware cannot 'see' my printer and to check that it's properly installed!

I went to the Epson website and went through the procedure to e-mail them with my problem, and to be fair, I got a response by lunchtime Friday. They suggested updating my printer drivers and also installing a ptch to make the Epson s/ware work with no-Epson printers. I had pointed out that they had been happily co-existing for over 2 years .... Indeed, the chap who responded to my message even pointed me to a bit of freeware called 'Photocopier' which works perfectly

Anyway, I d/loaded all the relevant s/ware, installed it, and STILL I get the error message (only from the Copy facility) that the printer is not recognised.

I guess that my question is whether anyone out there has any idea what might be happening? I'd rather not load yet another bit of s/ware if I can avoid it.

FYI, this is on a 3.06GHz P4, running WinXP Home, and GeForce G4 MX440 128MB video card, 1GB RAM, and also attached to a LaserJet 4L, a DeskJet 5552, and 750MB USB Zip drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…