Epson Smart Panel

daisy2bell 19:43 04 Nov 03

I have a Epson Perfection 1250 installed and Epson Smart Panel. Every now and then, Smart panel just keeps popping up.I cancel, and it keeps on popping up time and time again.
The only remedy is to shut down and restart,which is annoying.
Any ideas please

Fred

win98 SE

Pesala 19:57 04 Nov 03

1. Stop resting your elbow on the scanner's front buttons.

2. Uninstall the smart panel software and scan from your graphics application whenever you need to scan, which I suspect is quite a bit on some days, and hardly ever for weeks or months in between.

Smart panel is not really very smart at all IMO.

holly polly 20:12 04 Nov 03

have same problem with mine find the only way to stop it is to unplug powerlead to scanner wait 5 minutes or so pug back in , and then everything ok ,incidently only happens when i do not use my scanner for some time ,epsons way of telling us im still here please use me -lol-regards - hol pol....

bretsky 20:51 04 Nov 03

My Epson Perfection 1250 scanner kept on freezing and I too had to unplug the unit so I decided to update the driver from click here by the way is not digitally signed by microsoft,so my computer told me when I was installing it.....anyway I installed the new driver and no more freezing and working well!
Using winxp home ed sp1......Bretsky.

daisy2bell 22:10 04 Nov 03

Thanks for the replys.
I'll try unpluging, if that doesn't work I'll try the download
Thanks
Fred

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…