Epson Site

pj123 21:01 29 Jun 03

Why can't I get into the Epson, Photo Printers, Product Selector, which needs Macromedia Shockwave, which I have, work? Every time I try it I get "Microsoft IE has encountered a problem and needs to close" Every other site I have tried that need Shockwave works OK. It is only the Epson site that causes a problem??

Rtus 21:42 29 Jun 03

Ive just been there same result .second attempt led to down load additional file to view site ..afterwhich it still crashed.. So it not just your machine ..LOL

pj123 21:45 29 Jun 03

thanks Rtus, nice to know it's not me.

Valvegrid 22:09 29 Jun 03

Have installed shockwave? I have just been to the Epson site and it works as smooth as silk.

Valvegrid 22:11 29 Jun 03

Sorry, just noticed you have it already, Oops.
I'm using Opera, not sure if that makes a difference.

Rtus 22:23 29 Jun 03

I have SW too but needed download of additional componants (update I suppose) as above ..As I dont visit many SW sites..Im here too often I suppose(sad)..but using OE5

Valvegrid 22:32 29 Jun 03

Did you re-boot the computer and try again? I had the same problem until I re-booted.

pj123 22:57 29 Jun 03

Yep, done that, got the t-shirt. I have even got a website of my own that I know needs shockwave to access it and that works perfectly. I also have just downloaded IE 6, whereas before I had IE 5.5.

Pesala 00:49 30 Jun 03

I just tried in Opera 7.11 and in Internet Explorer 6 - no problems. I tried the locate an Epson Retailer near you too. Excellent, easy to use and works perfectly. I can only suggest downloading the Shockwave player if you haven't already done that. I use Windows ME.

pj123 12:25 02 Jul 03

Sorry everyone, given up on Epson for now. Ticked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now