Epson scanners and ep

dolphinaber 22:02 28 Feb 03

Can anybody please tell me why I cant load my Epson GT7000 into my new ep PC?
Thank you

woodchip 22:07 28 Feb 03

Is your OS XP if so you will need the correct driver

dolphinaber 22:49 28 Feb 03

Thanks Woodchip Yes it was OK on my old Windows 98
but now on my new XP PC it appears as you say to need a driver but I cant seem to find one for this scanner. Perhaps you know a way round this ?

MAJ 22:54 28 Feb 03

Try a Windows 2000 driver if you can't find one for XP.

MAJ 23:03 28 Feb 03

This one seems to work for some people. click here

woodchip 23:06 28 Feb 03

click here
click on download arrow

dolphinaber 23:09 28 Feb 03

Thanks MAJ Ill try the one you suggest. I havnt down loaded one before. Do you mind guideing me through the download and how I get it to the scanner !!!!!!

MAJ 23:20 28 Feb 03

Click your right mouse button on the link "Download This File" and then click on "Save Target As", save the file to a folder on your desktop. It is a zip file, so when its downloaded, right click it and choose "Extract Files". Then when Windows detects your scanner and asks for the drivers, point it at that folder into which you extracted the files. It should find the files and load them.

dolphinaber 09:58 01 Mar 03

Thanks again MAJ and woodchip Well I have got as far as downloading the file but when I got to the end of the download and the window was staring me in the face I wasnt sure then what to do. I clicked on various things but unfortunately I didnt find where it asks for the drivers. Sorry to be a pain and I know you have been quite explicit but could you treat me as a 10year old, no make that 3 !!!!

dolphinaber 10:00 01 Mar 03

Should I have the scanner plugged in when finding a driver.

dolphinaber 19:57 01 Mar 03

So sorry I meant Windows EX and not EP. Just noticed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…