Epson Scanner won't scan on one User Account

Pan Man 16:13 PM 18 Jun 12

I have a strange problem and was hoping you could help. I have a Computer running Windows XP SP3 Home Edition and an Epson Stylus CX6600 All in One Printer. The problem which has arisen is that when I am on my User Account the Scanner will not work and just comes up with an error message when I attempt to scan an image. The printer is still working. The scanner was working fine one day and then the next it didn’t. I have not loaded any more software or Updates during that period. I did a system restore to a date when it was OK but this made no difference so I undid this action. I then uninstalled all the Epson Software and reinstalled it. Again no difference. I tried to use system file checker but when it asked me to insert my Windows CD it wouldn’t recognize it. I have run a virus check which was negative and also run Malwarebytes and this did not find any malware. I have since found that if I use another User Account already on the PC or set up a new one then the scanner will work. I have included a .txt log of the error message hoping you can make sense of it. .txt log

northumbria61 16:19 PM 18 Jun 12

Try this - Right click on Printer - Printing Properties - Security Tab - Allow FULL permissions for Everyone

northumbria61 16:23 PM 18 Jun 12

OR - you could try reinstalling the scan driver again - choose correct operating system from drop down list.enter link description here

northumbria61 16:28 PM 18 Jun 12

If you choose All Operating Systems in the drop down list there is a TWAIN driver for XP although I can't give any guarantee that this will solve your problem. enter link description here

Pan Man 17:25 PM 18 Jun 12

Thank you everyone but I have managed to sort it myself. I compared the files for the epson smart panel/scan in User\Doccuments and settings\application data for my user account and another one and found there was an extra smart panel file in mine. I deleted it and everything statred working again.

northumbria61 20:52 PM 18 Jun 12

Thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 review: Hands-on with the new generation of Surface

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Crowdfunding for world’s first 3D camera-computer found in 30 hours

2015 iMac release date rumours, specs, price & features: new 21in 4K Retina iMacs coming next week