Epson scanner / printer C X 3200 fault.

kito62 18:47 10 Jul 08

Having a problem with my scanner/printer. When I try to scan I get an ERROR red light, and a message saying that the scanner is being used with another programme, which it is not. Was working perfectly all day, and the fault developed overnight. Completely baffled.
Any ideas please.?

Quiller. 19:16 10 Jul 08

try a system restore to a few days back.

jack 20:28 10 Jul 08

Remove the software and reinstall it.
To do this
Ensure you are off line and the Antivirus is disabled
Epson are very sensitive to anti virus programs seemingly.
Then use the Epson uninstall routines
Go to Programs
Right click on the Epson Scanner programs and then click the un install feature,
Re start the machine
Reinstall the same program.

kito62 10:32 11 Jul 08

Thanks guys, tried both suggestions. Fault remains.

De Nada 10:48 11 Jul 08

Not sure what could be at fault, but you may find some help here,

click here

jack 10:53 11 Jul 08

Scanner.
This is usually an image editor of some kind..

When you say try to use scanner is this as a stand alone device or via the computer?[should have asked this first time around.]

kito62 11:25 11 Jul 08

Jack, you got me there mate. It is a seperate unit, but attached to the computer. Used to scan for making pictures for EBay sales articles. Hope that makes sense.

jack 13:57 11 Jul 08

Work at two levels.
As a 'Stand alone' it will scan and print without the help of the computer- all by itself.
or
It will simply scan as a normal scanner through the computer.
I assume the trouble occurs when you are scanning through the computer -Right ?
What software is that you are using?
As I type it occurs to me [I don't have a stand alone]that if you are scanning via the computer, then the 'Other program' is perhaps the stand alone firmware is active.
So check you manual- perhaps there is a function on the allinone to switch off.

Perhaps other 'Allinoners' would like to comment here

aceofbass 14:24 11 Jul 08

I have one of these printers, to use it as a standalone, place a document in the scanner (with computer turned off or the USB lead from the computer to the device disconnected) and press either of the two copy buttons, B&W or Colour, if the device copies successfully then the trouble is in the software. If you still get the red light, the problem is with the device.

The red light may sometimes show that the inkpads need replacing and this involves a fair bit of dismantling. To reset the ink counters, try this link click here
This sometimes gets printers working again, but beware! - if a reset is conducted without replacing the pads there is a possibility of waste ink overflow from the base of the printer. I remove the pads, soak in a bucket of water overnight, then flush them in running water and let them dry out thoroughly before replacement and reassembly. If you do this, wear latex gloves as it is a very messy job.
Search in Fix your own printer.com for useful tips
click here

Good luck!

De Nada 16:19 11 Jul 08

fix your own printer is mentioned above

woodchip 16:24 11 Jul 08

Have you rebooted your computer?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…