Epson Scanner Lamp

ronm 00:12 12 Sep 04

Please can anyone tell me where I can obtain a lamp for my Epson 1260 Scanner

Simon_P 00:28 12 Sep 04

Couldnt find any Epson lamps

Maybe click here Contact details can help

€dstowe 05:52 12 Sep 04

I would seriously look at a new scanner. Replacement lamps (if obtainable at all) are likely to be about the same price as a new machine.

pubsinger 10:55 12 Sep 04

. . .have used "cold cathode" flourescents (24volt). These are what people are nowadays using to light up the underside of their cars and the inside of their PCs. Only thing is, I haven`t seen them in white. Might be worth a little searching.

pj123 13:45 12 Sep 04

I agree with €dstowe, From my experience with Epson repairs it has always been cheaper to buy a new unit than get the existing one repaired. Have a look here: click here

jack 13:52 12 Sep 04

Like virtually all else computery and for that matter all small electricals
Dont fix
Get new

Easterner 16:05 12 Sep 04

I don't know if it will help but I recall that a few years back someone wrote to one of the magazines regarding a failed lamp in an Agfa scanner and said that he had been quoted an horrific price to replace it.

He found that by taking the dead lamp to an electrical wholesaler (not Curry's or anywhere like that but the sort of place the 'sparks' go for their bits 'n bobs) the lamp turned out to be a standard part and bought one for a few pounds.

If you do find one like that you may have to re-calibrate the scanner due to the change of colour which aging causes in the lamp.

ronm 17:26 12 Sep 04

Thanks everybody, it looks like a new scanner

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…