Epson Scanner GT-7000

Crookie 22:46 04 Mar 03

Despite reinstalling the scanner software and the Adaptec SCSI drivers, I am unable to "see" teh scanner in any of the Apps that could use it. All seems to load AOK but I always get the error message "can't access the scanner. ensure it is switched on.
The hardware check shows both the SCSI and the scanner are working properly.
Any ideas anyone? Any help would be appreciated.

Crookie.

hamelin 07:43 05 Mar 03

Try unplugging the power cable then plug it in again... it works with my HP scanner which also becomes invisible sometimes.

Crookie 16:23 05 Mar 03

Thanks hamelyn for the advice. Tried it but no joy I'm afraid. Any other ideas anyone?

woodchip 16:28 05 Mar 03

Are you on XP. have you loaded the right drivers

Crookie 22:14 05 Mar 03

Sorry woodchip, I should have said I'm running on Win98SE at the moment and yes I seem to have all the drivers loaded, from the Hardware CDs.

woodchip 22:17 05 Mar 03

Is it a USB scanner

woodchip 22:19 05 Mar 03

ps or is the scanner SCSI interface if so you have to have a SCSI card in your comp for it to operate

Crookie 22:11 06 Mar 03

Thanks for your interest woodchip. It is indeed a SCSI Adapter the scanner uses and would you believe it, although I have reinstalled both the SCSI and the Scanner software on quite a few occassions, I tried again today and lo and behold the scanner worked. I do not really know why this is so but I'm certainly glad it now is OK. Thanks again for your help, it is appreciated.

Crookie 22:11 06 Mar 03

Thanks for your interest woodchip. It is indeed a SCSI Adapter the scanner uses and would you believe it, although I have reinstalled both the SCSI and the Scanner software on quite a few occassions, I tried again today and lo and behold the scanner worked. I do not really know why this is so but I'm certainly glad it now is OK. Thanks again for your help, it is appreciated.

woodchip 23:14 06 Mar 03

Glad to see it's sorted, It may not have been seated right in the socket. Please tick the little box at bottom left and press resolved
Woodchip

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…