//some 3rd party need geo

Epson Scanner GT 5500 - using with XP or ME

Mike Mills 18:07 25 Jan 03

can anyone advise if there drivers available for either of the two o/s listed above, for the scanner listed? Everytime we plug the scanner into the "printer port" of either of the two machines we have running the o/s listed above, the power lights of the scanner go dead!!
Any advice gratefully received....:-)Thanks

Diemmess 18:25 25 Jan 03

I am still with Win98SE... BUT

My 5500 scanner is SCSI and if you can load the Epson Twain32 driver it should work when called from Acquire (in Corel Photopaint)

Telling Windows it was an Epson 5500 did nothing for me!

Re-reading your question.... my scanner plugs in to a SCSI host card in a PCI slot on the computer, though my manual does mention that some (non-specified) on a list of Epson scanners will accept a bi-directional printer port, and my scanner does have an unused D-socket like a printer.... I use the 50 pin socket, but then I am sure my scanner is SCSI.

BRYNIT 18:31 25 Jan 03

I've checked several site but no drivers for ME or XP. THIS MIGHT HELP click here

Mike Mills 18:32 25 Jan 03

thank you for the information, however my scanner goes completely dead when i plug the connecting cable into the port on the pc's. Is there any way of resolving this issue? I believe my scanner is also SCSI!!

Mike Mills 18:38 25 Jan 03

thanks BRYNIT tried that site and have downloaded the drivers for win 2000 as they suggest but the scanner still "dies" when i connect the cable to the printer port(s). Shall I just buy a new scanner? What time does PC World open on Sundays!! hahahahahaa

BRYNIT 20:36 25 Jan 03

Have you checked the cable for damage.

Mike Mills 20:59 25 Jan 03

have tried different cable, same problem!

BRYNIT 21:21 25 Jan 03

If it dies on both comps when connected their could be a short some where. If it not the cable as you have changed this it must be the scanner.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…