Epson Scanner GT 5000, and Windows Me

Allan RISC OS user 16:58 24 Feb 03

Has anyone been able to get their scanner to run in Windows Me,
I have tried to get updated drivers but with not success.
Runs ok in 95 and 98!!!

jazzypop 17:21 24 Feb 03

According to this French Epson support site click here , it is possible to use the Win98 drivers with ME.

The trick is to disconnect the scanner, power off the PC, reconnect it and let Plug and Play detect it.

PnP will complain that it cannot find the drivers it needs - if you then choose to select it from the list, choose the Epson 5000, ignore the complaints from Windows that the driver does not match the hardware, all should be well.

I don't have this scanner, so can't try it myself.

Another Usegroup thread suggests checking that your parallel port is set to EPP mode in the BIOS - see click here for how to check.

I can't find any ME-specific WIA drivers, but many people report that the W98 TWAIN drivers can be forced to work.

Good luck with trying to wrestle it into submission :)

jazzypop 17:22 24 Feb 03

P.S. - the link to the French site has been translated by Google. It is by no means perfect, but hopefully will give you the gist of the procedure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…