epson scanner driving me nuts

birkdalite 19:28 26 Feb 04

After a reformat I cannot get my Epson1650 scanner to function. I keep getting error message
"dll function call crashed: removeINF setup will now terminate" I have cleared all and tried to reinstall many times with the same result. Can someone help please?

woodchip 19:30 26 Feb 04

XP or 98

birkdalite 20:59 26 Feb 04

woodchip sorry xp

woodchip 22:17 26 Feb 04

What steps have you gone through to reload, have you followed the install instructions or as windows loaded a driver for USB. Try the Inf file on the Epson CD right click and choose install see if that does anything, Also check Device Manager for yellow marks for scanner if there is try updating the drivers from there

AL D. 22:58 26 Feb 04

as a follow up to what colin says (woodchip) have you installed all windows updates

AL D. 23:02 26 Feb 04
  birkdalite 18:53 27 Feb 04

Gentlemen !! I have wasted your time and am truly sorry. Remember the story of the man who's car would not start, so he stripped the engine right down and completely re-built it, it would start again and then he found he had run out petrol!!
In my case I found the USB connection in the back of my tower case had worked loose, negating every thing I had tried and that which you had suggested.Sackcloth and ashes on the bill tonight, once again my apologies

woodchip 18:56 27 Feb 04

Not to worry if its working. Glad to hear it was not the Scanner as I have a Epson 1250

roy 19:13 27 Feb 04

I like it!! A few years ago I inadvertantly plugged a scsi scanner into the printer port and vice versa ( I did think that I was holding what would have been the correct cable). It was some days later and I believe after a re-install of windows that with my problem I decided that I would unplug the scanner and then found my mistake. Red face but also relief!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…